Having all the needed services in one place is no longer hard to achieve. In today’s cloud applications and mobile usage world, relying solely on traditional perimeter security is not enough for organizations. To ensure secure access to both on-premises and cloud-based Microsoft applications, Trio offers integrations that verify the trustworthiness of the workforce and authenticate Microsoft services. Trio simplifies the process for users to authenticate and access the applications they require, all while maintaining high security. Through excellent multi-factor authentication (MFA), an in-depth understanding of device characteristics, and varied policy customization features, Trio ensures that only trusted users and devices can securely access your applications.
Whether you’re currently running your desktop applications on-premises or considering a shift to the cloud, securing your remote desktop is essential. Trio seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems, introducing two-factor authentication (2FA) to logins. This solution strikes a balance between security and user-friendliness. You can configure access policies to prevent entry to sensitive remote workstations from devices that don’t meet your security standards or are out of date.
Trio, a brand-new Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Office Suite, adding multi-factor authentication (MFA) to logins for enhanced security without compromising usability.
Trio’s integration extends to Microsoft Office applications, reinforcing access points with security layers for Word, Excel, Outlook, and more. The SCIM functionality in integrations between Trio and Microsoft enables the user to define access level to Microsoft services and apps.
Here’s a simple flow of how an integration forms between Trio and other applications such as Microsoft apps through API keys.
Let’s incorporate a simplified integration flow:
- MDM app authenticates with Office 365 using OAuth tokens.
- Endpoint Discovery: Identify and utilize Office 365 APIs for managing users, devices, policies, etc.
2. Data Synchronization Flow:
- MDM app triggers a user sync request.
- Office 365 responds with user data.
- MDM app processes and updates its records.
3. API Requests and Responses:
- MDM app sends API requests (create, update, retrieve) to Office 365 endpoints.
- Office 365 responds with data or confirmation.
4. Event Handling:
- MDM app subscribes to Office 365 events (user creation, device update).
- On event trigger, MDM app performs corresponding actions.
5. Security and Permissions:
- Ensure secure data transmission using encryption.
- Grant MDM app necessary permissions for data access.
- Conduct testing scenarios:
- User sync
- API requests (create, update, retrieve)
- Event handling for changes
7. Monitoring and Maintenance:
- Implement monitoring tools for:
- Tracking API performance
- Detecting integration issues
- Regularly update integration for API changes or new features in Office 365.
This flow illustrates the Trio MDM app seamlessly interacting with Office 365, from authentication through data synchronization, API requests, event handling, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
In summary, Trio’s integration with Microsoft applications offers a smooth yet comprehensive security solution for desktop applications and Remote Desktop access, ensuring a balance between protection and user-friendly experiences.